We are looking for a self-driven, enthusiastic individual that can bring their experience to improve data quality. This is an excellent opportunity with a hotel management company. AMResorts is the fastest growing luxury leisure company in North America, with upscale resorts located throughout Mexico, Jamaica, Panama, Curacao, Costa Rica, and the Dominican Republic.
The AMRewards Analyst position is critical to ensure that all sales information is accurate, timely, reliable and trusted by business stakeholders.
- Responsible for quarterly, monthly and weekly reporting suite accurately and on time along with ad hoc reporting as requested
- Ownership of data quality improvement initiatives.
- Assist with the development, testing and launch of future program phases and enhancements
- Competitive set review and analysis on an ongoing basis and offer recommendations accordingly
- Implement audits to ensure data accuracy is sustained over time.
- Maintaining data integrity through consistent monitoring, testing and auditing of data. Experience working with travel data is a plus.
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Filter and “clean” data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct problems
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
- Degree level qualification or equivalent
Experience working within a sales
- Department preferably in the hospitality industry
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills with ability to independently gather, collate, validate and analyze data
- Advanced MS Office including Excel, a must
- Spanish preferred but not required
- Proficient computer skills, especially Microsoft Office applications. Use of Excel (knowledge of vlookups, sumifs, pivot tables, Word, Power Point).
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written. Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Displays positive attitude and high aptitude for learning and growth.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- General understanding / knowledge of the hotel management business and understanding of the hospitality industry.
- Self-starter, ability to work independently or within a team environment. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to develop and maintain relationships. Ability to work with other departments.
- Results Oriented: Completes tasks in an organized and methodical manner to meet agreed objectives. Able to multi-task and manage own time. Persistence to get results.
- Attention to Detail: Able to focus on large volumes of data and identify errors or discrepancies.
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.