The Business Development Manager (BDM) is responsible for leading the growth of AMResorts sales and developing new business sales opportunities through existing and new retail client and consumer direct initiatives for the full range of resort brands in the USA or Canada.
This position is based preferably in Illinois.
The BDM will be responsible to maximize all sales opportunities, proactively create new opportunities and achieve sales targets. A strong focus will be on developing and managing relationships with travel agents and industry partners, working with them on business growth opportunities beneficial to all parties.
This is a financial target role that will be rewarded for achieving and surpassing sales goals for the region of responsibility. This position will play a key role in the development and implementation of our business development plans and will provide input into strategic business growth and improvement decisions.
Business Development and Planning
· Maximize, promote and expand the awareness of AMResorts brands: Zoëtry Wellness & Spa Resorts, Secrets, Breathless, Dreams, Now and Sunscape Resorts and Spas.
· Create and implement annual business development plans in the Region of responsibility to increase revenue results with individual travel agencies, consortia and tour operator call centers & partner sales teams. Generate Sales & promotions in coordination with corporate goals and strategies.
· Pro-actively identify new and different business opportunities to provide increased sales
· Frequent calls on travel agent & consortia accounts, tour operator/OTA call centers & groups teams, and other AMResorts distribution partners in the territory
· Organize and lead familiarization trips with various Travel Agents/Agencies, Tour Operators and Airlines.
· Develop and grow Master Agent certification and host classroom educational events throughout the region.
· Promote AMRewards; increase travel agent registration and engagement.
· Negotiate co-op marketing agreements within region, manage and work within budget, maximizing AMResorts exposure.
· Quarterly performance reviews with key agencies, TTOO’s and consortia.
· Conduct, coordinate and attend Industry events including: Educational Training Seminars, Webinars, and Tradeshows. Participate in destination conferences.
Administration and Finance
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time.