We are looking for a self-driven enthusiastic individual, that can bring their experience to improve data quality. This is an excellent opportunity with a hotel management company. AMResorts is the fastest growing luxury leisure company in North America, with upscale resorts located throughout Mexico, Jamaica, Panama, Curacao, Costa Rica, and the Dominican Republic.
The Data Steward position is critical to ensure that all sales and client information is accurate, timely, reliable and trusted by business stakeholders.
- Work on data corrections that are complex in nature where judgement is required in resolving problems and making end to end process recommendations or improvements, experience with travel data is a plus.
- Ownership of data quality improvement initiatives.
- Interface and drives process improvements for master data with other departments to ensure the integrity of data. Specific interactions with developers of Property Management System (Innsist), Revenue Management System (EZRMS) and Reporting tool (Qlikview).
- Implement audits to ensure data accuracy is sustained over time.
- Create and Document data standards and business rules. Communicate standards to all related parties.
- Attendance to department meetings.
- Perform responsibilities as directed, achieving desired results within expected time frames and with a high degree of quality and professionalism.
- Performs other duties and projects as may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 2 years experience in similar job, creating or maintaining complex databases; writing and executing reports to query databases; analyzing and presenting; serving as a data steward.
- Spanish preferred but not required
- Knowledge of database design terminology and SQL.
- Fundamental Awareness of Corporate Reporting and Business Intelligence processes and technologies.
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written. Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- General understanding / knowledge of the hotel management business and understanding of the hospitality industry.
- Self-starter, ability to work independently or within a team environment. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to develop and maintain relationships. Ability to work with other departments.
- Demonstrated ability to foster change and deliver business results using effective teamwork, communication and problem identification and resolution skills.
- Results Oriented: Completes tasks in an organized and methodical manner to meet agreed objectives. Able to multi-task and manage own time. Persistence to get results.
- Attention to Detail: Able to focus on large volumes of data and identify errors or discrepancies.
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can be