The Accounts Receivable Associate is responsible for the administration of all AR activities to include the following items:
- Update Aging Reports //each hotel has two aging reports, one for the Marketing & OGS and other for the Management & Incentive, these aging reports are updated with the invoicing of each month, also these reports is for the application of the payments coming from the hotels .
- Statement of Accounts // each receives a Statement of the Marketing/ OGS & Fee balance. These Statements are prepared and sent bay the last day of each month. The hotels use these statement to revise all the invoices they receives each month, also the statement is AMR tool for the collection follow up.
- Collection // Continuous communication with the hotels to assure that each one pays their Marketing/ OGS & Fee according of what their Marketing & Management Contracts stipulate.
- Payment Application // every payment is reconciled with each Hotel’s Aging Report who made the wire transfer, the payment is applied to the corresponding Profit Center in the SAP by Journal Entry.
- Monitoring and Identify Payments // every Monday this position have to monitoring each bank account to identify the concept paid from each Hotel or from other entity to report to the AMR Corporate Controller how much Marketing/OGS, Management Fee , Incentive Fee, and other AMR has collected in a weekly base.
- AMR Account Receivable Report // monitor and compile invoicing and payments data from all AMR Management Companies to update the AMR Account Receivable Report in which is sent every week to all AMR Executive, Regional Controllers, including ALG. The main idea of this report is to present the progress of the collection and those hotels who has any delate in their payment, this information is using for any action decision.
- Income Statement reviewing from the hotel // each hotel sent their Income Statement for be reviewed as part of the AMR monthly closing to ensure proper calculation of Management , Incentive, and Advertising per terms and condition of contracts . The Management and Incentive are posted in the SAP using Journal Entries as AMR revenue and as charges to the hotels that are reimbursed later to AMR according to contracts.
- Reconcile checks deposits with SAP // willing to reconcile and clear checks deposited in Wells Fargo bank with the data on SAP per request by Manager.
- Contracts analysis, read and interpret every Management & Marketing Contract of each hotel, extract the most important data related to revenues, terms, and conditions and summarize the information in an excel created for the easy access to this data.
- High School Diploma required
- Completion of some college level Business Course would be preferred
- 1-3 years accounts receivable or general accounting experience
- Knowledge of general accounting procedures
- Knowledge of accounting software SAP, Outlook and MS Office
- Proficient in data entry
- English - fluent
- Spanish – fluent
- Knowledge of SAP
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent PC skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, Lync etc.)
- Excellent time management and project management skills
- Ability to achieve defined objectives with minimum supervision
- Attention to detail, proactive and good organization