The overall purpose of this position is to facilitate channel management connectivity projects for AMResorts hotels. This person is responsible to apply the steps involved in electronically connecting third party distribution partners with hotels. This role is responsible to facilitate resources and business needs to ensure that connectivity projects are delivered on schedule.
- Analyze the compatibility of connecting each distribution partner with our channel management providers and decide which of these solutions to pursue.
- Assist in analyzing the costs and benefits of connecting electronically with new distribution channel partners.
- Assist with the development of new connectivity features to improve functionality and to support our revenue management strategies.
- Completes connectivity process for new hotels as needed.
- Develop and improve the testing process that is currently in place to ensure that all areas of connectivity are thoroughly tested with each partner prior to launching.
- Develops, manages and builds rapport with channel manager partners, 3rd Party businesses and hotels.
- Document challenges and information learned on each connection to prevent the same for future connections.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Establish testing plans and scenarios on all connectivity plans for new partners or new technological developments with existing partners.
- Manage connectivity projects, provide detailed timeline for project.
- Meets work standards by following production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving operational problems; identifying work process improvements.
- Provide a reasonable level of support for hotels after hours or on the weekends.
- Provide executive summary updates related to project plans.
- Provide solutions and potential workarounds to new clients, related to AMResorts business rules.
- Provide support and training to the teams at the resorts, the corporate trainers and other members of the Revenue and Distribution teams to ensure there is a complete understanding of how each newly-connected partner interacts with our channel management providers.
- Suggest and implement ways to improve connectivity processes and save costs.
- Support the Distribution and Revenue Management teams in other projects as assigned and needed.
- Troubleshoot issues that arise after connectivity.
- Understands the sensitivities and manages partner expectations to troubleshoot and report at appropriate urgency level.
- Bachelor Degree or 4-year equivalent
- Travel industry experience preferred but not required.
- Online Channel Manager or Extranet knowledge or experience required.
- Familiar with Online Travel Agencies (Expedia.com, Booking.com etc.)
- Fluency in a foreign language helpful, specifically Spanish.
- Ability to multi-task and reprioritize in a dynamic environment.
- Able to think beyond what is asked for, juggle multiple projects and competing priorities in an often-evolving environment
- Ability to achieve defined objectives, in a fast-paced environment with minimum supervision.
- Attention to detail and organized.
- Effectively communicate with management, staff and suppliers and demonstrate sound judgment/reasoning skills.
- Excellent PC literacy and quantitative skills.
- Excellent time management and project management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Foster Teamwork.
- Must be self-motivated and results oriented person, able to lead projects atnd share knowledge with team members.
- Must have the ability to work independently and must possess strong analytical, organizational and negotiation skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Results Driven.
- Valid passport and ability to travel required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but can be high at times.